Enrique

The silk road is known for being a very important trade route. It originated in Chang’an in the east and ended at the Mediterranean in the west. On the silk road many goods were traded like silk, spice, amber, wool, etc.

I saw a lot of spices like cinnamon, pepper, ginger, cloves and nutmeg. The traders on the silk road put all their goods on their caravans, they transport the goods to a weigh station, were they were picked up by other caravans. The silk is a fine lustrous fiber. The spices were cinnamon, pepper, ginger, cloves and nutmeg all the different species where different colors and textures. Amber which is a fossilized tree resin.  I smelled the sweet smell of cinnamon, the spicy smell of pepper, and other smells of ginger, cloves and nutmeg. I felt all the textures of the different spices. I felt the smooth, soft texture of silk, and the fine, soft, curly fur of wool. I tasted a lot of different spices, the cinnamon had a sweet and savory flavour, the ginger and nutmeg had a spicy sweet taste.

While traveling the silk road I was excited to see all the places near and on the silk road, but there was also the fear of getting sick or being robbed. Riding a camel for so many days and nights was hard but was the only way to get all my goods traded. Sometimes traveling through a large deserts we ran low on resources like food and water. That is why camels are so good for traveling, they can drink a large amount of water at once. This water is then stored in the animal’s bloodstream. Then they store extra fat in there humps which it uses as nourishment when food is scarce.